Monday, April 29, 2013

Jeff's 3rd Sessions

Today I asked Jeff to show me the basics of iMovie.  I'd like to eventually utilize it as a tool for students (and me) to create videos to post on a class website.  Namely, for my seniors, I'd like to create a website that students can ref to after they graduate and enter college.  In the class we would create helpful videos such as demos ranging in topic from grammar and writing mini-lessons to cooking healthy breakfasts- a variety of topics the students can refer back to and support their success in college and careers.

Here's a short 21 second video that I made with Jeff's help in our session today.  Please respond and share some of the ideas you are working on too!


6 comments:

  1. That looks great, I always heard about how much better IMovie was than Microsoft Movie Maker. Making podcasts is an excellent way for students to express themselves and show learning.

    PS, I'm not much of a coffee drinker. Tea, Earl Grey, one and a half packet of sweet and low:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it...Let me know when you're back from jury duty!

      Delete
  2. Help! Where's the link...it's not appearing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne: It seems to work on a computer, but not an iPad. My guess is Blogger converts the videos to Flash, which the iPad does not support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! Great mix of naturally sound and voice-over. Impressed.

    iMove is a great resource.

    A related idea is to create a HSLPS Vimeo channel so you can shoot & edit videos on your iPad and then immediately share them. I'm a big fan of Vimeo mainly because the DOE does not block them so uploading and viewing is no problem on the DOE network.

    I've made a few videos entirely on my iPad, and posted for school viewing (we also post them to our school's Twitter & Facebook pages for community engagement). Here are some links:
    http://vimeo.com/41160571
    http://vimeo.com/44315833
    http://vimeo.com/64909886

    I've also been playing around with Pinnacle Studio which is another great iPad movie app. It fluctuates between paid and free (I grabbed it when it was free) and it seems to be a great option too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have extensive knowledge of iMovie and Final Cut Pro - but from years ago :( I am so eager to try iMovie on the iPad - is there a way we can purchase it? Or try it on the student ipads?
    Great Job!
    Cheers,
    Jimi

    ReplyDelete